“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”
The countryside retreat Agriturismo Cornali is situated in the picturesque village of Fabbriche di Vallico e Vergemoli, near some of the world’s most beautiful and most famous cities for arts and culture like Lucca and Pisa with its leaning tower.
Some interesting places in the area that are worth a visit are the villages of Barga, Sassi, Sillico, Castelnuovo di Garfagnana and its Pontecosi Lake, Careggine and Castiglione Garfagnana.
Our agriturismo is the perfect spot to venture out and discover some of the natural and architectural landmarks of Valle del Serchio such as:
- Grotte del Vento, a natural underground attraction with spectacular karst caves and galleries smoothed by water, with stalagmites and stalactites along underground paths.
- Parco dell’Orecchiella, an outdoor park where you can watch local wild fauna.
- Ponte del Diavolo, a strikingly beautiful medieval bridge that crosses the Serchio river; as legend has it, the bridge was build by the devil itself in a night and is still haunted by the spirit of a dog.
Close by there are the famous beaches of Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi, which are perfect for a day trip.
Below are a list of some of the most important events in the local area:
- Lucca Summer Festival. A music festival taking place every year in July, in Lucca, where both national and international artists perform in its historic center.
- Lucca Comics and Games. A comic book and gaming convention taking place annually, it’s the biggest in Europe and the second biggest worldwide after the Comiket in Tokyo.
- Festival Puccini in Torre del Lago. A summer opera festival celebrating the work of Puccini; held in July and August of each year, set in Torre del Lago, Giacomo Puccini’s birthplace.
The closest airports are in Pisa, Firenze, and Bologna.